Ask Lewis is a content-rich, informational website that offers thousands of shortcuts, strategies, hacks, tips, products and services to increase your health, wealth, creativity, and effectiveness in all aspects of life
Thanks so much for coming to my Natural Healing and Wellness Portal, where I get to answer substantial questions about health, wealth, education, and personal development.
Q. Lewis, I’m over-loaded with all this information about the coronavirus, much of it myth or anecdotal, but one thing that no one ever seems to address is how building immunity might keep a person safe from Covid-19. I saw a doctor on TV who said building immunity here is a waste of time. What are your thoughts about this?
Q. Though there is no proven natural remedy for the corona virus, and proper washing, social distancing etc., is wise, it is still important to maintain your natural immunity at all times, no matter the circumstances In biology, immunity is the balanced state of multicellular organisms having adequate biological defenses to fight infection, disease, or other unwanted biological invasion, while having adequate tolerance to avoid allergy, autoimmune diseases, and infections of many types.
Though I am not going to make any claims, or give irresponsible advice concerning natural remedies for covid, it is also foolish to ignore this fact –
Intentionally using substances to build you natural immunity is a great idea.
Among the best ways to build your natural immunity are:
- Eat a diet high in fruits and vegetables.
- Exercise regularly.
- Maintain a healthy weight.
- If you drink alcohol, drink only in moderation.
- Get adequate sleep.
- Cooking meats thoroughly.
- Raw Garlic Aged – Garlic is even better
- Probiotics to influence gut bacteria – Best is raw sauerkraut, Kombucha, Yogurt with love culture
- Vitaminc C rich food, and Ester-C supplements –
- Antioxidant Foods like nuts seeds and spinach: To protect you against oxidative stress. The nuts and seeds need to be raw and unsalted
- Tumeric use with a bit of Black pepper
- Elderberry Syrup
- At least minutes of aerobic exercise daily
- Vitamin B6: vital to supporting biochemical reactions in the immune system.
- Vitamin E
- Laughter Yoga – Google it
These immunity tips were not pulled off of Google I used them in my private practice. Most people are not aware of the fact that in my early career, I had a Naturopathic practice in New York City for over 30 years, with three medical doctors and a psychologist working on collaboration. I had an office at 13 East 71st Street and regularly saw clients suffering from many ailments. Using Nutrition, Bodywork, homeopathy, emotional healing, Ayurveda and Chinese Medicine we helped thousands of people.
One of my main supporters was a department head at Mt. Sinai Hospital who had an interest in natural healing. When he retired my time was basically up for doing this type of work. I simply closed shop and moved on to newer pastures – mainly applied game theory.
Still I still promote online educational materials and products related to natural healing such as the one below concerning pain relief. Click below on the “get instant access now” button for videos, tips, and specific and important information on pain reduction. If you are suffering from pain this material will change your life.
Back to staying safe concerning the “virus”. Remember to use the best hand washing techniques, here’s what the CDC recommends:
- Wet your hands with clean, running water (warm or cold), turn off the tap, and apply soap.
- Lather your hands by rubbing them together with the soap. Lather the backs of your hands, between your fingers, and under your nails.
- Scrub your hands for at least 20 seconds. Need a timer? Hum the “Happy Birthday” song from beginning to end twice.
- Rinse your hands well under clean, running water.
- Dry your hands using a clean towel or air dry them.
Are you looking for the key that will open the door to your next to get you to the next level?
Consider Personalized Coaching with me. Send me an email at LewisCoaches@gmailcom and schedule a free session.
On June 15, I will be offering my first public learning program in over ten years. This online course on Critical Thinking A-Z will give you the essential tools you will need to prosper in these chaotic times.
I am creating series of personal development courses drawn from from my 50 years of teaching
The first class of the 6 week course on Critical Thinking is available at a reduced rate of $197 until July 1. The launch date of the course is June 15. After July 1, the tuition will increase to $977.
The course on Critical Thinking includes online classes, educational videos, and private coaching with Lewis
This is a perfect time to refocus on what is really important in your life.
- Learn the difference between what is rational and logical?
- Learn to separate fact from fiction (and fake news).
- Learn to recognize your hidden biases – the ones that get you in trouble.
- Expand you financial freedom through clearer thinking.